Sunday, November 24, 2013

New Persona Games!

Atlus has revealed 4 new Persona games, and none of them are on the next-gen consoles. Keeping them on established consoles is awesome, since I'm not buying either new console until I see a decent variety of games I want to play released on them.

What we got so far is:

Persona 5



There isn't anything in this trailer regarding characters, only hints of a vague story idea. Still, I can't wait! It will be released on the PS3 in Japan in the winter of 2014.

Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth


It's a crossover between Persona 3 and 4, and it's being released for the Nintendo 3DS. I don't have one, but I'll pick one up for cheap when this is eventually released over here. This actually looks pretty cute, so I'm looking forward to this one. In Japan, the release date is set for June, 2014.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night



A rhythm dancing game starring the P4 characters. This is for the PsVita and honestly I have zero interest in it. It will be released in Japan in the autumn of 2014.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold



A sequel to the P4 Arena game. It's for the Ps3, which I like. But another Arena installment? I wonder why they don't just release DLC for the Arena game they already have. Arena is a decent game...but as is the way with fighting games, they'll milk it till they just can't any more. I have read that Adachi is making a return, and that's intriguing, at least. Release date for Japan set for summer 2014.

So, I'm basically only interested in Persona 5 and Persona Q. Regardless, this is huge news! I haven't been interested in any new games for a while. I miss this feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment