Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beauty and the Beast 3D

I loved Beauty and the Beast when I was a kid. Belle is so badass in the way that she rejects Gaston and she wants more with her life (though “more” is being a princess...ok). Oh and she reads. And thinks. I love how she’s all “Fuck off, Gaston, I’m reading.”

Fuck off, Gaston, I'm reading.


I got to watch this in 3D the other day. Usually I hate 3D, but this was not so bad. I, and at least one other person, noticed that when the raised portions are big and upfront, and move quickly, it is blurry and nauseating. Putting the 3D glasses over my eyeglasses was a bit annoying too. Overall the experience was great and I really need Beauty and the Beast on DVD. Last time I saw it, it was all faded and I was really surprised at how vibrant it was!  

One of my favourite lines:
Gaston: “It’s not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas and thinking...”

Gaston is an interesting villain because up until the last bit of the film, he is only guilty of being a douche. Yet everyone loves him! And really, after being rejected by Belle he should have just married one of those blonde whores. Or had an orgy with them, either or. He probably wouldn’t be so fixated on Belle.

Other than the “I want adventures in the world!” and becoming a princess, probably rarely leaving the castle, more girls should like Belle. She reads, is independent, and rejects the man everyone wants because she has zero feelings for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment